Cloud Computing – Future is here – Gartner’s key predictions
The analyst firm predicts that 20 percent of businesses will own no IT assets by 2012, a shift that will have a major impact on IT careers .. Read more click here
Here are a few more of Gartner’s key predictions:
- Facebook will become the hub for social network integration and Web socialization by 2012.
- Most IT business cases by 2014 will include carbon remediation costs.
- In 2012, more than half (60 percent) of a new PCs’ total greenhouse gas emissions will occur before the user first turns on the machine.
- Internet marketing will be regulated by 2015, controlling more than $250 billion in Internet marketing spending worldwide.
- More than 3 billion adults worldwide will be able to transact electronically via mobile or Internet technology by 2014.
- Mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide by 2013.
No comments yet.