Windows XP End of Support (EOS) in 2014. Microsoft has released a gadget for countdown.,click here to download it.
The Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 Feature Pack CTP1 is a collection of stand-alone packages which provide additional value for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2. It includes the latest versions of:
- Redistributable components for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 CTP
- Add-on providers for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 CTP
Note: Some components in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 CTP Feature Pack of SQL Server® have certain Internet-enabled features, including the Customer Experience Improvement Program and Error and Usage Reporting component, enabled by default to help us identify and address issues that you may encounter while using SQL Server®. For more information and instructions on how to disable these features, see the SQL Server® Privacy Statement
Note:Some components in the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 SP1 CTP Feature Pack of SQL Server® have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation – an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Un-attend Installation – this is a DOS command Line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
More info click here
The Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 Administration Toolkit contains functionality to help administer and manage Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010 and Microsoft® SharePoint® Server 2010. New in SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit 2.0, the SharePoint Diagnostic Studio 2010 (SPDiag 3.0) provides SharePoint administrators with a unified interface that can be used to gather relevant information from a farm, display the results in a meaningful way, identify performance issues, and share or export the collected data and reports for analysis by Microsoft support personnel. This tool is not supported for SharePoint Foundation 2010. Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) manifests, which add roles for SharePoint 2010 Products to Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 or to Windows Server 2008 R2.
More info and to download this, click here
If you ever face an issue of slowness (When internet explorer is working) after installing Windows 7 SP1, Reset the internet explorer settings to their default condition.
To do this, go to Tools->Internet Options->Advance-> at the bottom there is a button “Reset”
This will resolve the slowness.
Another nice feature introduced in Exchange 2010 is Administrator Audit logging. Audit logging allows an organization to examine different policies. A second important benefit is the review of configuration changes made to the Exchange organization through the Exchange Management Console, Exchange Web Services, and Exchange Management Shell. Audit Logging is useful in tracking configuration changes made within an Exchange Organization, and help identifying any errors. In Exchange 2010 Microsoft introduced AdminAuditLogConfig.
Check out the following commands
To enable if its disabled: Set-AdminAuditLogConfig -AdminAuditLogEnabled $true :http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd298169.aspx
Search in the AdminAuditLog: Search-AdminAuditLog –Cmdlets New-Mailbox, Remove-Mailbox | FT :http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff459250.aspx
Microsoft article about AdminAuditLog, Click here
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suit (BPOS-S) – here we learn how to configure Outlook 2011 for Mac with the new Sign In application. Microsoft Online users with Macintosh computers will find the video below very helpful. Click here to know more/View the video from the Microsoft Online Service Team Blog
Microsoft brings together online versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products with the security, reliability, and control you require.
Choosing Microsoft Online Services allows you to combine the power of rich desktop-based applications with the flexibility of fully-hosted Internet services. That gives your users an all-in-one integrated experience on the same rich clients your users already know with a consistent look and feel from virtually any device, in almost any location.
Microsoft Online Services benefits include:
The latest business productivity capabilities
- Business-class e-mail, web conferencing, instant messaging, document collaboration and workflow all designed to work together seamlessly.
Ease of use
- Services synchronize with your Microsoft Active Directory, so you maintain control and can continue to manage user policies centrally
- A single administrative panel enables simple and centralized provisioning and management of new and existing users
- End users can securely access the service virtually anywhere without the need for a VPN connection and through a wide selection of mobile
Privacy & rapid disaster recovery
- Secure Internet protocols including HTTPS and HTTP over SSL to access your services
- Redundant network architecture capable of disaster recovery
- In the event of datacenter connectivity issues, services switch over to a backup datacenter
- Build your own solution with individual services or purchase as an integrated suite
- Choose to run some applications on-premises, or choose Online Services hosted and managed by Microsoft or Microsoft Partners
- Leverage tools such as Active Directory Synchronization so you can make online, on-premises, or hybrid deployment choices by service, user roles,
and geography to meet organizational needs best
- Adjust your deployment model dynamically as your business needs shift and grow
- Easily extend new capabilities to your organization without straining internal resources
- Expand your IT capacity by adding new services without investing in the development of new skills or deploying new hardware and software
- Free your valuable IT resources from routine management tasks to focus on core business initiatives that can deliver a true competitive
Security & reliability
- Microsoft Online Services run on a global network of data centers protected by multiple layers of security and operational best practices
- Microsoft Online Services guarantee a service level agreement of 99.9% uptime
- Data centers and services managed by rigorously screened and highly trained staff
This new addition to the Forefront family of security products builds on System Center Configuration Manager 2007 to provide desktop security and management in a single infrastructure. Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 enables businesses to align security and management to improve endpoint protection while greatly reducing operational costs. This shared infrastructure helps reduce ownership costs while providing improved visibility and control over endpoint management and security.
The Microsoft Dynamics GP development team have been hard at work and have just released Service Pack 2 (R2) for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 on the 21st of April, 2011.
It is recommended to have a working backup of the the following items before applying any patch file:
1. DYNAMICS database
2. All company databases
3. Reports.dic – export the reports through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
4. Forms.dic – export the forms through Customization Maintenance (Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance)
5. eConnect PRE and POST Procedures if customized
NOTE: The Reports.dic and the Forms.dic may be located on the server or each workstation. If located at each workstation, make sure to backup the dictionaries at all workstations.
If you have Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 already installed, use the steps below:
1. Download the latest patch release and installation guide below.
2. At the Microsoft SQL Server, double-click the patch file and the install will be silent and only show a progress window.
3. At the Microsoft SQL Server, launch Microsoft Dynamics GP Utilities and update the DYNAMICS database and all company databases.
4. Once the databases are updated at the server, update the modified forms and reports at the Additional Tasks window. Refer to the installation guide for the steps to update.
5. Install the patch file at all client workstations. The patch file can be published using Automatic Client Updates. Once a user logs in, they will be automatically prompted to install the patch. Refer to Chapter 5 in the
SystemAdminGuide.pdf on the Release 2010 DVD under Documentation.
If you are updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, the latest patch must be installed prior to launching Utilities. Refer to the steps below:
1. Install a server installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 including the Microsoft Dynamics GP features you use.
2. At the end of the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 installation, click Finish in the Installation Complete window.
3. Install the latest Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 patch.
4. Convert your databases using Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 Utilities.
5. Update all modified reports and forms dictionaries.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND IT?
Required: Live ID for sign-in to these portal.
Other useful links:
- Developing for Microsoft Dynamics GP by David Musgrave (Australia) and the Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer Support Team (USA).
- Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP – Official Blog page
Developed by Intel (under the code name Light Peak), and brought to market with technical collaboration from Apple. Thunderbolt technology is a new, high-speed, dual-protocol I/O technology designed for performance, simplicity, and flexibility. This high-speed data transfer technology features the following:
- Dual-channel 10 Gbps per port
- Dual-protocol (PCI Express* and DisplayPort*)
- Compatible with existing DisplayPort devices
- Daisy-chained devices
- Electrical or optical cables
- Low latency with highly accurate time synchronization
- Uses native protocol software drivers
- Power over cable for bus-powered devices
Intel’s Thunderbolt controllers interconnect a PC and other devices, transmitting and receiving packetized traffic for both PCIe and DisplayPort protocols. Thunderbolt technology works on data streams in both directions, at the same time, so users get the benefit of full bandwidth in both directions, over a single cable. With the two independent channels, a full 10 Gbps of bandwidth can be provided for the first device, as well as additional downstream devices. More info Click here.
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. It sets new standards for speed, flexibility, and simplicity. And it makes its debut in the new MacBook Pro. MacBook Pro now gives you access to a world of high-resolution displays and high-speed peripherals with one compact port. That’s because Thunderbolt is based on two fundamental technologies: PCI Express and DisplayPort. PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt. Which means you can connect external devices like RAID arrays and video capture solutions directly to MacBook Pro — and get PCI Express performance. That’s a first for notebooks. Thunderbolt also provides 10 watts of power to peripherals, so you can tackle workstation-class projects on the go. With PCI Express technology, you can use existing USB and FireWire peripherals — even connect to Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre Channel networks — using simple adapters. And because Thunderbolt is based on DisplayPort technology, the video standard for high-resolution displays, any Mini DisplayPort display plugs right into the Thunderbolt port. To connect a DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA display, just use an existing adapter.
PERFORMANCE: Thunderbolt I/O technology gives you two channels on the same connector with 10 Gbps of throughput in both directions. That makes it ultrafast, and ultraflexible. You can move data to and from peripherals up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800. You also have more than enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices, without using a hub or switch. For example, you can connect several high-performance external disks, a video capture device, and even a Mini DisplayPort display to a single Thunderbolt chain while maintaining maximum throughput.
More info from apple site, click here