Microsoft Windows Phone – Previews of Next Release
In my previous blog i mentioned that today May 25th, 2011, As promised, Microsoft intends to unveil a more detailed and full roadmap for the Windows Phone 7 mobile line. Yesterday, Microsoft previewed the next major release of Windows Phone, code-named “Mango,” through a series of media events around the world. “Mango” will deliver more than 500 new features to push the boundaries of the smartphone experience around communications, apps and the Internet. The “Mango” release will be available for free to Windows Phone 7 customers and is scheduled to ship on new phones beginning this fall. More details on device update timing will be provided closer to availability. Windows Phone will also add support for additional languages, expand access to apps by launching Windows Phone Marketplace in new countries, and partner with new OEMs to enable expansion to new markets.
This release include features such as
- Threads: Switch between text, Facebook chat and Windows Live Messenger within the same conversation.
- Groups: Group contacts into personalized Live Tiles to see the latest status updates right from the Start Screen and quickly send a text, email or IM to the whole group.
- Deeper social network integration: Twitter and LinkedIn feeds are now integrated into contact cards, and “Mango” includes built-in Facebook check-ins and new face detection software that makes it easier to quickly tag photos and post to the Web.
- Linked inbox: See multiple email accounts in one linked inbox. Conversations are organized to make it easy to stay on top of the latest mail.
- Hands-free messaging: Built-in voice-to-text and text-to-voice support enables hands-free texting or chatting.
More information about this release, read the press release from Microsoft News Center.
No comments yet.