The Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool helps resolve installation problems for Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Creative Suite 5 – 5.5, Adobe Creative Suite 4, and Adobe Creative Suite 3 software. The tool can clean up install records for any pre-release (beta) installations of these Creative Suite products. The Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool is designed to not interfere with existing installations of previous versions of Adobe Creative Suite products; it does, however, allow you to remove them as well, if you so choose to.
Before you start
- Back up all files stored in Adobe product directories. This may include custom plug-ins or profiles you have installed.
- Be sure to read ReadMeFirst.pdf, which is downloaded with the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool.
- Download the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool for Macintosh (DMG, 1.4 MB)
- Download the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool for Windows (ZIP, 7.9 MB)
Please refer to ReadMeFirst.pdf downloaded with the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool
Again our Exchange CXP team released Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 to the Download Center.
A known issue with Exchange 2010 SP3 RU1 Setup
You cannot install or uninstall Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3 on the double-byte character set (DBCS) version of Windows Server 2012 if the language preference for non-Unicode programs is set to the default language. To work around this issue, you must first change this setting. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, open the Clock, Region and Language item, and then click Region.
- Click the Administrative tab.
- In the Language for non-Unicode programs area, click Change system locale.
- On the Current system locale list, click English (United States), and then click OK.
After you successfully install or uninstall Update Rollup 1, revert this language setting, as appropriate.
Exchange team is planning to resolve it in a future rollup, but did not want to further delay the release of RU1.