Moving Bookmarks – Internet Explorer Favorites to Safari Bookmarks
- One quick way to move your Favorites, or browser bookmarks, to a new computer is to start Internet Explorer.
- Go to the File menu and select “Import and Export.”
- When the Import/Export wizard starts up, choose “Export Favorites” from the list of actions and click on the Next button.
- Once you select your Favorites file, you can export it to the desktop or a folder on your PC.
- From there, you can copy the exported Favorites file onto an external drive.
- Copy it to your new Mac.
- Once you get the file on your Mac, you can add the Favorites to the Mac OS X Safari Web browser.
- Start the Safari program.
- Go to the File menu and choose Import Bookmarks.
- Navigate to the folder where you have stored your exported Favorites file.
- Click on the Import button to pull in the bookmarks.
No comments yet.