(OS X Lion / Mountain Lion)
Import bookmarks into Safari
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- Choose File > Import Bookmarks.
- Browse to find the file that contains the bookmarks you want to import, and then click Import.Normally the file has “.html” or “.plist” at the end of its name.
Export bookmarks from Safari
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- Choose File > Export Bookmarks.
- Specify a location for the exported file.The file’s name is “Safari bookmarks.html.” Most browsers are able to import this type of file.
Sync the Bookmarks Between a MacBook & an iPad
- Connect the iPad to the MacBook using the USB cable.
- Launch iTunes if it doesn’t open automatically.
- Click the “Info” tab near the top of the iTunes window.
- Place a check mark in front of the “Sync Safari Bookmarks” option in the “Other” section near the bottom of the screen.
- Click the “Sync” button to sync the bookmarks between the MacBook and the iPad.
Its a bit strange…but good to know that!!! Tried it…and it worked.
I got myself into this cruise boat with out auto pilot. After wiping my entire drive, and rebuild the RAID, I wondered “HOW could it be possibly not to install any version?” The answer is PRAM. You need to reset your PRAM. Your Mac stores certain settings in a special memory area even if it is turned off. On Intel-based Macs, this is stored in memory known as NVRAM; on PowerPC-based Macs, this is stored in memory known as PRAM.
Information stored in NVRAM / PRAM includes:
- Speaker volume
- Screen resolution
- Startup disk selection
- Recent kernel panic information, if any
How to do?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
- Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
- Release the keys.
After resetting NVRAM or PRAM, you may need to reconfigure your settings for speaker volume, screen resolution, startup disk selection, and time zone information. Also OS X does not store network settings in NVRAM / PRAM.
Action: New Mac OS X Lion to Active Directory binding.
Issue: Everytime I get the following error: authentication server encountered an error while attempting the requested operation.
Findings: Even if I’m connected to the internet, and using the Apple time server, the time on machines is not at all correct, which prevents the machines from binding to Windows Active Directory.
Solutions: Change the date and time to the correct values in your Apple machine and then restart the apple machine. Without a restart, this will not work.
In continuation of my previous blog about Mac OS X Lion developer preview 3, Apple announced its release on July 2001 to Mac App Stores for just $29.99. This software works hand in hand with apple hardware for a better operating system.
- Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation
- OS X is engineered to take full advantage of the technologies in every new Mac
- Deliver the most intuitive and integrated computer experience possible.
Apple is expected to discuss lion at WWDC which takes place in early June. Apple has targeted Mac OS X Lion for a summer release. No word yet on what’s new in this build of Lion. The build for this latest version is 11A459e. Mac OS X Lion developer preview 3 features some new enhancements including a redesigned login screen, the previously detailed Reading List feature in Safari, some new wallpapers, and other minor tweaks. The redesigned login screen above has an iOS-like feel to it with a silver-gradient backdrop and new icons across the bottom for sleep mode, restart, and shut down. Thanks to 9to5Mac.
And here’s what else is new in Lion Developer Preview 3:
- New options in System Preferences>Mission Control
- There is a new animation when logging into the computer and displaying the desktop (seems buggy at this time)
- New Reminders menu in iCal
- New next desktop button in Dashboard space:
- New options when right-clicking (this appears to be buggy at this time):
- Compatibility to external displays has been improved (especially in Mission Control)
- There is now a Mission Control app
- Finders toolbar has been slightly updated:
- Desktop wallpapers have been updated (and new ones have been added);
- Reading List has been enabled in Safari:
- New changes in Mission Control: can add desktops right from Mission Control by clicking + button, close spaces from Mission Control, Mission Control no longer displaying text Desktop 1? etc., when hovering over desktop thumbnails, magnification of thumbnails are seen
- Scrollbars now change color depending on the background (black background=light scrollbar and vice versa):
Check out the new Lion’ s Wallpaper..Click here
From Mac Rumors, Check out the preview details. Apple Releases Lion Developer Preview 3 and Xcode 4.1 Preview 5