USB 3.0 is the second major revision of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard for computer connectivity. The standard from 2008 implements a 5 Gbit/s transfer rate. In the late 1990s, the first major revision was made to the USB 1.1 specification. The revision was called USB 2.0 which added a new transfer speed called Hi-Speed (HS – 480 Mbit/s) to the earlier speeds (Low Speed (LS) – 1.5 Mbit/s and Full Speed (FS) – 12 Mbit/s).
The enhancements to Super Speed USB are not just for higher data rates, but for improving the interaction between device and host computer. While the core architectural elements are inherited from before, several changes were made to support the dual bus arrangement, and several more are notable for how users can experience the improvement that USB 3.0 makes over USB 2.0.
Major USB 3.0 improvements
- Higher transfer rates (up to 4.8Gbps)
- Increased maximum bus power
- New power management features
- Full-duplex data transfers
- Support for new transfer types
- Backward USB 2.0 compatibility
- New connectors and cables
The good news is that USB 3.0 has been carefully planned from the start to peacefully co-exist with USB 2.0. First of all, while USB 3.0 specifies new physical connections and thus new cables to take advantage of the higher speed capability of the new protocol, the connector itself remains the same rectangular shape with the four USB 2.0 contacts in the exact same location as before. Five new connections to carry receive and transmitted data independently are present on USB 3.0 cables and only come into contact when mated with a proper Super Speed USB connection.
USB 3.0 achieves the much higher performance by way of a number of technical changes. Perhaps the most obvious change is an additional physical bus that is added in parallel with the existing USB 2.0 bus. This means that where USB 2.0 previously had 4 wires (power, ground, and a pair for differential data), USB 3.0 adds 4 more for two pairs of differential signals (receive and transmit) for a combined total of 8 connections in the connectors and cabling. These extra two pairs were necessary to support the Super Speed USB target bandwidth requirements, because the two wire differential signals of USB 2.0 were not enough.
The Cable circuit for USB3 shielded wire as follows
Latest OS from Apple and Microsoft starts supporting USB3 with connector. Apple OSX Mountain Lion and Windows 8 comes with USB3 driver support.
Game Changer – with System Center 2012, you get the most cost effective and flexible platform for managing your traditional datacenters, private and public clouds, and client computers and devices.
Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection provide a unified infrastructure to manage and protect physical, virtual, and mobile client environments, helping IT:
- Empower users to be productive from anywhere, on whatever device they choose.
- Provide a unified infrastructure for client management and protection.
- Make it easier and faster to administer client systems and maintain system compliance.
Deliver flexible, cost-effective infrastructure using what you already own
System Center 2012 Unified Installer is a utility designed to perform new, clean installations of System Center 2012 for testing and evaluation purposes only.
System Center 2012 App Controller provides a common self-service experience across private and public clouds that can help you empower application owners to easily build, configure, deploy, and manage new services.
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager provides unified data protection for Windows servers and clients that can help you deliver scalable, manageable, and cost-effective protection and restore scenarios from disk, tape, and off premise.
System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection, built on System Center Configuration Manager, provides industry-leading threat detection of malware and exploits as part of a unified infrastructure for managing client security and compliance that can help you simplify and improve endpoint protection.
System Center 2012 Operations Manager provides deep application diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring that can help you ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications and offers a comprehensive view of your datacenter, private cloud, and public clouds.
System Center 2012 Orchestrator provides orchestration, integration, and automation of IT processes through the creation of runbooks that can help you to define and standardize best practices and improve operational efficiency.
System Center 2012 Service Manager provides flexible self-service experiences and standardized datacenter processes that can help you integrate people, workflows, and knowledge across enterprise infrastructure and applications.
System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager provides virtual machine management and services deployment with support for multi-hypervisor environments that can help you deliver a flexible and cost effective private cloud environment.
- System Center 2012 enables you to integrate a wide range of technologies into a coherent private cloud:
- Manage different hypervisors centrally from a single pane of glass with support for Windows Server Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, and Citrix XenServer.
- Monitor Windows Server, Sun Solaris, and various Linux and Unix distributions.
- Integrate toolsets from HP, CA, BMC, EMC, and VMware into automated workflows.
Download the trial (180days) System Centre 2012…Click here
Articles you may interest in
- The Evolving Role of IT as Cloud Innovator..click here to read
- Download the System Center 2012 overview datasheet…click here to read
- System centre 2012 licensing and pricing details in the downloadable datasheet…click here to read
Ivy Bridge is the codename for Intel’s 22 nm die shrink of the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture based on tri-gate (“3D”) transistors. Ivy Bridge processors will be backwards-compatible with the Sandy Bridge platform, but might require a firmware update (vendor specific). Intel has released new 7-series Panther Point chipsets with integrated USB 3.0 to complement Ivy Bridge. The upcoming Core i-series processors based on the Ivy Bridge architecture are being pitched at ultrabooks, but the company is now extending the chips to high-performance tablets with Microsoft’s upcoming Windows 8 operating system.
Apple bringing out a thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro model in the coming months as well as 13-inch MacBooks. Those systems will likely tap Intel’s more power-efficient Ivy Bridge chips..then Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Sony, Toshiba, Acer, and Asus will update and/or bring out new systems.
Microsoft Exchange Remote Connectivity analyzer is now the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer.
The future direction for this tool is to incorporate more products as we have done with Office 365.
Thus dropping “Exchange” from the name made sense.
Tabbed user-interface to support multiple products and Office 365. Office 365 Single sign-on validation. This test allows you to validate identity federated scenarios with Office 365. Specifically, this new test targets the “Basic Authentication” federated scenario where a client sends credentials to Office 365 which in turn validates them against the on-premises ADFS server.
Below is the test result of a SSO from RCA.
Office 365 to another 22 new markets to grow our global footprint to 64 geographies – with more to come!
Microsoft has reduced Office 365 for enterprise plans by up to 20%.
Simplify PC Management
Windows Intune is unique because it’s an end-to-end Microsoft solution that brings together Windows cloud services for PC management and endpoint protection with a Windows 7 Enterprise upgrade subscription. With the easy-to-use web-based console, you get immediate insight into your PC environment and can view update and malware status, alerts, security policies, and more. You just need an Internet connection and the Windows Intune client installed on each PC you wish to manage
To know more, click here
SQL Server Code Name Denali‖ is a cloud-ready information platform that will help organizations unlock breakthrough insights across the organization and quickly build solutions to extend data across on-premises and public cloud backed by mission critical confidence.
Extend the reach of data virtually anywhere across server and/or cloud with expansive developer technologies, Enable new scenarios with SQL Azure DataSync, a cloud service that provides bi-directional data synchronization between databases across datacenter and cloud, Provide a consistent and open data-feed to power multiple user experiences across the web.
SQL Server code name “DENALI” CTP3 ..click here to download it
SQL Server code name “DENALI” Datasheet..download here from Microsoft
Lot of new features going to get release with this platform and it is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation and 4th generation), iPad and iPad 2…
New feature like….
- Notification Center: You get all kinds of notifications on your iOS device: new email, texts, friend requests, and more. With Notification Center, you can keep track of them all in one convenient location. Just swipe down from the top of any screen to enter Notification Center.
- iMessage: With this you can send unlimited test message throug Wi-Fi or 3G from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to anyone with one of those devices. This apps built into the messages app, so you can send text, photos, videos, locations and contactss
- Twitter: Integrated right into iOS 5… it even easier to tweet from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Sign in once in Settings, and suddenly you can tweet directly from Safari, Photos, Camera, YouTube, or Maps.
- Camera: Now in iOS5, it integrates right onto the Lock Screen and you can take snaps instantly using the volume-up buttom and say “click”
- PC free: New feature designed to be independence for all iOS devices. With iOS 5, you no longer need a computer to activate and set up your device…all you do is to connect your device wirelessly, right out of the box. Download free iOS software updates directly on your device. Do more with your apps — like editing your photos or adding new email folders — on your device, without the need for a Mac or PC. And back up and restore your device automatically using iCloud.
So what is this iCloud?? Its like a virtual Hard disk sitting on the cloud and when you sign up for iCloud, you get 5GB of free storage and it stores your content in the cloud. Your purchased music, apps, and books, as well as your photo stream, don’t count against your free storage. That leaves your mail, documents, Camera Roll, account information, settings, and other app data. With iCloud Photo Stream, when you take a photo on one device, it automatically appears on all your other devices. No syncing. No sending. Your photos are just there.
To get all these features, we have to patiently wait for this comming fall…if you want to get notified when iCloud is available, click here
Yesterday i came across to this product and seems to be a great one!!! Nexsan is first to ship enterprise- class storage systems with 3TB SATA drives for 180TB in 4U.
Nexsan’s Flexible Storage Platform enables many storage technologies to be incorporated in one system. This is particularly useful to mid-sized organizations that prefer a single-system solution over having to buy many disparate systems. Nexsan pioneered storage systems that featured simultaneous multi-protocol access, and we designed our systems to be multi-tiered, supporting high-speed and high-cost SSD, mid-speed and mid-cost SAS and low-speed and low-cost SATA drives in one chassis. Our flexible storage platform supports our proprietary storage applications software, such as replication, de-duplication, data archiving, multi-tenancy, digital data backup and encryption. Nexsan’s industry-leading storage systems, the foundation of the Flexible Storage Platform™, contain anywhere between 14 and 60 drives and can be expanded with an additional expansion unit. Drives benefit from Nexsan’s Anti-vibration Design™, Cool Drive Technology™ and Active Drawer Technology™. All Storage Systems can be configured with dual active/active controllers with battery-backed cache for high throughput and no-single-point-of-failure architecture through the Fibre Channel and/or iSCSI host access ports for block services, or via LAN for file services. To know more about NEXSAN storage system, Click here.
- Offers SATA, SAS or SSD disk combinations
- Highest density per rack inch with 60 disks in a 4U chassis
- 180TB capacity in 4U
- Three active drawers for easy servicing
- Anti-vibration design maximizes disk reliability
- AutoMAID® level 4 reduces energy consumption by 85%
- Horizontal mid-plane maximizes airflow and cooling
The Microsoft Exchange team is enhancing positioning by including additional supported scenarios regarding Exchange Server 2010 running under hardware virtualization software. As of today, the following support scenarios are being updated, for Exchange 2010 SP1, and later…To know more, click here