If you have a Windows Live account (or an old Hotmail account), then you have 25GB of free storage on SkyDrive. If you don’t have one, go and grap it. SkyDrive is a great way to store lots of files in the cloud for easy access remotely. Windows 7 and now defenetely on windows 8 will let you map your SkyDrive folders as network drives, making access even simpler.
How to map SkyDrive to your computer?
Windows 7 will let you map your SkyDrive to your local machine. How to do it? Here is the step
- Sign in to your Windows Live account.
- Get your ID from the address bar (Below showing how to get it)
- Click on the “Files” as shown below
- Now go to your Windows 7 computer
- Open My Computer, then select “Map network drive” near the top bar.
- Select the drive letter you want, then type the following under the “Folder bar”
- \\docs.live.net@SSL\ and then copy your CID number here \
- Check mark “Reconnect at logon”
- Click Finish
- Once you click finish, system will automatically attempt to log on to your SkyDrive.
- Next system will show you to enter SkyDrive credential.
- Enter the username and password and clik PK
Thats it..your SkyDrive is now mapped to your local machine.
Here you can rename the folder (If in case the language is not proper in you SkyDrive). What ever you do at the local “mapped” Skydrive, it will reflect in your SkyDrive as well.
Apps for SkyDrive?
Allmost all the device now support SkyDrive and it is free apps..you just name it..Windows, Mac, Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad…Click here to download it
Read the article from Mike Torres, and Omar Shahine, group program managers for SkyDrive.
Skydrive – Starting from June 20, 2011, is launching a new version of the SkyDrive website. Team took advantage of modern browsers and HTML5 to make SkyDrive faster, easier to navigate, and more beautiful for viewing photos. The new SkyDrive will be rolling out soon. Click here to see what Group Program Manager, SkyDrive.com, Mr. Omar Shahine has to discuss.
New look is good
Cool one..beautiful one…watch the ad .. http://features.mail.yahoo.com/
Look and feel…see it
I really love the new look and features…Outlook webapps is playing an important role here…Now, its faster Hotmail experience with great new features like one-click filters, Sweep, Active Views and more..also it does’nt now sign you automatically to messenger, when you log on to mail…cool one
Junk mail options are getting better..need room to improve..i’m waiting for the active sync for hotmail…or direct push service…
Hotmail on iPhone..superb…i tried..really cool..read this post
Best of luck to Hotmail Team!!!!
For your feedbacks…click here to post
Windows Live Team Blog…click here
If you click this one, and in your organization, if you don’t have IRMS server, below screen will appear.