Office 365 to another 22 new markets to grow our global footprint to 64 geographies – with more to come!
Microsoft has reduced Office 365 for enterprise plans by up to 20%.
If you ever look at all the migration that we do, we have to completed the biggest challenge; clients has been getting the system requirements ready for Office 365.
Click here to know more from my dedicated blog for O365 users.
In my previous post…ADFS…Active Directory Federation Service i was talking about the ADFS architecture and promise for the deployment or migration to O365 from Microsoft.
Here i’m dedicating a page for Office 365 live migration …Click here to divert to the page
This page has been moved to a dedicated page for Office 365 users..click here
Transforming IT with Microsoft Private Cloud….Concept is aimed only for cost saving and maintenance free environment.
For a growing number of businesses, the journey to cloud computing starts with a private cloud implementation. A Microsoft private cloud dramatically changes the way your business produces and consumes IT services by creating a layer of abstraction over your pooled IT resources. This allows your datacenter to offer true infrastructure service capability as well as optimally managed application services. Microsoft private cloud solutions are built on Windows Server and System Center technology. Windows Azure is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform. It’s a place to run your applications out on the internet, at scale. With geographically distributed datacenters worldwide, applications can be built, hosted and managed around the world. With Windows Azure, you can extend and even move your datacenter services off-premises or beyond a hosted environment, paying only for the resources you use at any given time. The flexible cloud computing platform of Windows Azure lets you focus on solving business problems and addressing customer needs, not on the infrastructure. Right now Public cloud on 3 platform flavour…Windows Azure, Office 365 and Microsoft online Services
To know more about Office 365, click here
To registed Office 365 for trial, click here
We are now experiencing the O365 environment to our domain…i should tell you that “beauty lies beneath the platform”…more to explore
Built to deliver the enterprise-grade security and reliability that businesses require, Microsoft Exchange Online provides hosted email, calendar and contacts on your PC, phone and web browser.
- Built-in anti-virus and antispam filters protect your information and help you focus on what’s most important
- Mobile sync to hundreds of devices means you can access and update your info while on the go
- 99.9% uptime commitment with financially-backed SLA
- For a total of $5 per user per month, you control a rich hosted Exchangeenvironment with 25 GB mailboxes for every user without having to manage a server.
- Data is hosted in geographically-distributed datacenters with continuous data backup and premiere disaster recovery capabilities
- A team of security experts monitors Exchange Online around the clock and updates anti-virus and spam filters to address new threats as soon as they appear
- Automatic patching eliminates the time and effort of maintaining and servicing your email system
- An easy-to-use Web interface lets you manage your online environment from anywhere
- Live phone support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Large, 25 GB mailboxes are standard for every user so they can access all essential information in one place
- Seamless integration with Outlook so your users can enjoy a rich, familiar email experience and offline access
- Calendar sharing allows users to see free/busy information with colleagues, even if they work at another company
- Email archiving, eDiscovery Search, retention policies, and optional legal hold help preserve and discover data
- Security policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remotely wipe data from lost phones
- Free tools for migrating IMAP and Exchange Server mailbox data to Exchange Online
- Beauty of FOPE..Forefront Online Protection for Exchange integration and management through browser.
On May 10, 2011, Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: “MSFT”) and Skype Global S.à r.l today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Microsoft will acquire Skype, the leading Internet communications company, for $8.5 billion in cash from the investor group led by Silver Lake. The agreement has been approved by the boards of directors of both Microsoft and Skype.
Read the press release from Microsoft News Center.
Article from The Telegraph about this deal.
Skype will support Microsoft devices like Xbox and Kinect, Windows Phone and a wide array of Windows devices, and Microsoft will connect Skype users with Lync, Outlook, Xbox Live and other communities. Microsoft will continue to invest in and support Skype clients on non-Microsoft platforms. The acquisition will increase the accessibility of real-time video and voice communications, bringing benefits to both consumers and enterprise users and generating significant new business and revenue opportunities. The combination will extend Skype’s world-class brand and the reach of its networked platform, while enhancing Microsoft’s existing portfolio of real-time communications products and services.
The Microsoft® SharePoint® 2010 Administration Toolkit contains functionality to help administer and manage Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010 and Microsoft® SharePoint® Server 2010. New in SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit 2.0, the SharePoint Diagnostic Studio 2010 (SPDiag 3.0) provides SharePoint administrators with a unified interface that can be used to gather relevant information from a farm, display the results in a meaningful way, identify performance issues, and share or export the collected data and reports for analysis by Microsoft support personnel. This tool is not supported for SharePoint Foundation 2010. Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) manifests, which add roles for SharePoint 2010 Products to Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 or to Windows Server 2008 R2.
More info and to download this, click here
Microsoft brings together online versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products with the security, reliability, and control you require.
Choosing Microsoft Online Services allows you to combine the power of rich desktop-based applications with the flexibility of fully-hosted Internet services. That gives your users an all-in-one integrated experience on the same rich clients your users already know with a consistent look and feel from virtually any device, in almost any location.
Microsoft Online Services benefits include:
The latest business productivity capabilities
- Business-class e-mail, web conferencing, instant messaging, document collaboration and workflow all designed to work together seamlessly.
Ease of use
- Services synchronize with your Microsoft Active Directory, so you maintain control and can continue to manage user policies centrally
- A single administrative panel enables simple and centralized provisioning and management of new and existing users
- End users can securely access the service virtually anywhere without the need for a VPN connection and through a wide selection of mobile
Privacy & rapid disaster recovery
- Secure Internet protocols including HTTPS and HTTP over SSL to access your services
- Redundant network architecture capable of disaster recovery
- In the event of datacenter connectivity issues, services switch over to a backup datacenter
- Build your own solution with individual services or purchase as an integrated suite
- Choose to run some applications on-premises, or choose Online Services hosted and managed by Microsoft or Microsoft Partners
- Leverage tools such as Active Directory Synchronization so you can make online, on-premises, or hybrid deployment choices by service, user roles,
and geography to meet organizational needs best
- Adjust your deployment model dynamically as your business needs shift and grow
- Easily extend new capabilities to your organization without straining internal resources
- Expand your IT capacity by adding new services without investing in the development of new skills or deploying new hardware and software
- Free your valuable IT resources from routine management tasks to focus on core business initiatives that can deliver a true competitive
Security & reliability
- Microsoft Online Services run on a global network of data centers protected by multiple layers of security and operational best practices
- Microsoft Online Services guarantee a service level agreement of 99.9% uptime
- Data centers and services managed by rigorously screened and highly trained staff