Microsoft Remote Desktop app, you can connect to a remote PC and your work resources from almost anywhere. Experience the power of Windows with RemoteFX in a Remote Desktop client designed to help you get your work done wherever you are. Once these new Remote Desktop apps, which include an overhauled version of the two-year-old Mac Remote Desktop client, are available, Microsoft will be providing access to virtual desktops on everything from Windows and Windows RT, to iOS, OS X and Android.
The iOS version for iPhone and iPad can be found here – Apple App Store.
Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 enables IT administrators to manage roles and features that are installed on remote computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 or Windows Server 2008 R2 (and, for some roles and features, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003) from a remote computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1. It includes support for remote management of computers that are running either the Server Core or full installation options of Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2, and for some roles and features, Windows Server 2008. Some roles and features on Windows Server 2003 can be managed remotely by using Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1, although the Server Core installation option is not available with the Windows Server 2003 operating system.
This feature is comparable in functionality to the Windows Server 2003 Administrative Tools Pack and Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 (SP1).
To download Remote server administration tools for Windows 7 SP1, click here
Installing Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1
You must be either a member of the Administrators group on the computer on which you want to install the Administration Tools pack, or you must be logged on to the computer by using the built-in Administrator account.
- On a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows 7 with SP1, download the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 package from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Open the folder into which the package downloaded, double-click the package to unpack it, and then start the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 Setup Wizard. Important: You must accept the License Terms and Limited Warranty to start to install the Administration Tools pack.
- Complete all installation steps in the wizard, and then click Finish to exit the wizard when installation is finished.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
- In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- If you are prompted by User Account Control to enable the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Select the remote management tools that you want to install and click OK.
- Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut, if it is not already there.
- Right-click Start, and then click Properties.
- On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
- In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK.
- Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with SP1 are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.